According to our partner Alipay’s document verification regulations, the student name provided in your Alipay payment request should be in the correct format and match the name reflected on the school invoice you uploaded.
Please be aware that if the format of the name does not match, the payment verification may fail and you will receive another email notification from us. Hence, we strongly recommend you refer to the following format requirements:
1. The first name (名) and last name (姓) should be typed in Pinyin format. You can leave the middle name (中间名) blank.
For example：The student’s full name is “张三丰 (Zhang Sanfeng)”. You’ll need to fill in the first name as “Sanfeng” and the last name as “Zhang” in the payment request
2. If your English name appears on your school invoice or student account, please fill in the student’s first name as “Your real first name (the English name)”
For example：Your invoice shows the first name as “Amy” and the last name as “Zhang”, so you’ll need to fill in the first name as “Sanfeng (Amy)” and the last name as “Zhang”.
If the name format provided is incorrect, we suggest you edit the student name following the steps below:
- Open the payment tracking link from the email the payer received from Flywire
- Click “Edit payment details” on the right side of the page to edit the student name
- Click “Save” once you’re done