After selecting this payment method, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Fill in all information in the required fields
- Only students and payers with a Chinese National ID will be eligible to make a payment through Alipay on Flywire's platform
- Payers from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan or other countries who wish to use Chinese Yuan (CNY) to make a payment should select to pay by UnionPay, Visa or Mastercard
Step 2: Upload your document
In accordance to local authority regulations, payers must upload the official payment invoice for proof of purpose of payment. Please note that your payment may be delayed or returned if you fail to upload a valid document.
Step 3: Pay using the QR Code
Click on “PAY WITH ALIPAY IN CHINESE YUAN (CNY)” and you will be redirected to a new page with a QR Code. Open your Alipay App on your mobile device and scan the QR code to complete your payment. Alternatively, you may log in to your Alipay account and complete your payment from there.
- Once the QR Code has been scanned by an Alipay user account, it will not be reusable for another Alipay account. If you wish to change the payer, please cancel the current payment request and create a new one with the new payer’s information and complete the payment
- When making a payment, if an error occurs and it shows “调试错误，请回到请求来源地，重新发起请求” (ILLEGAL_EXTERFACE), it is usually a payment attempt through a mobile device causing the error. Please try again using a desktop instead
- Please do not use the Tencent Browser/WeChat Internal Browser to open the webpage of the Alipay QR code as it will be blocked and cause an error
Step 4: Document verification
The uploaded document will undergo a verification process which will be completed within 24-48 hours after the payment has been successfully made. Once the required documentation has been submitted, verified and the payment has been completed, the status will be updated on your tracking page and you will be notified alongside the institution.